In this tech-savvy world, are you looking for a career in digital marketing? Of course, but don’t know where to begin from? For example, suppose you are wondering about taking up this blog’s digital project manager role. In that case, we will go over everything you need to know about what a digital project manager does, including roles, responsibilities, skills, and project manager salary.
We will discuss what it means to be a successful digital manager and how to become one. As the name stands, DPM is one of the most critical roles for a modern digital organization. The success of any project depends on the manager handling it.
Who is a digital project manager?
A DPM does exactly what the title suggests. A person in charge of originating, planning, carrying out, managing, and completing projects having a digital component is known as a “digital project manager.”It only takes a project manager’s certification to support a project manager’s salary and a digital project management course to become an expert in the field.
The DPM collaborates with customers, outside contractors, stakeholders, and the project team to ensure the project achieves its stated objectives on schedule and within budget.
What skills and experience does a digital project manager require?
Needless to say, a project manager wears many hats. Therefore, having a balance of technical and soft skills is essential for becoming a successful digital project manager.
Every digital project manager has unique abilities that depend on their expertise and background. However, a digital project manager’s job description might mention the following skills:
- The first one is obviously to be tech savvy, i.e., must know how to use Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, software, etc.
- Must have the ability to multitask.
- Must be able to communicate well with team members
- Must be a problem solver
- Must have analytical skills
- Must have the ability to use different tools for social media marketing
- Must be able to have accounting skills
- Must have intense business strategic skills
- Must be communicative
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Must be excellent at solving team conflicts
- Must coordinate and manage cross-functional teams
- Must be focused and goal-oriented
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have content writing skills
What is the typical digital project manager’s salary?
It takes a lot of work to handle a digital project. Fortunately, it provides reasonable compensation for the necessary job. However, several variables become the deciding factor for the salary—for example, the company’s size, the candidates’ degree of work experience, location, etc.
According to Ambition box, a digital manager’s salary on average is Rs. 13,2 LPA.
Also, note that this figure considers the number of years of experience of a digital project manager.
What are the responsibilities of a project manager?
Some of a digital project manager’s duties include the following:
- To establish the scope of a project
- To define the project’s goals and objectives
- To evaluate the risks involved in the project
- To come up with alternate plans and strategies for the project to succeed
- To maintain, delegate and manage the resources of the project
- To ensure that the project meets the client’s expectations.
What is the job description of a digital project manager?
We’ve done the legwork for you by creating a thorough template for a digital project manager job description, saving you from having to do all the research yourself.
A company in a job description will mention the responsibilities and the requirements they are looking for in a candidate. Find the template discussed below to understand the job description of a digital project manager.
We are looking to hire a digital project manager with excellent technical and strong interpersonal skills to join our team. You will be responsible for designing and planning online projects, creating new campaigns, identifying and solving problems, coordinating and delegating appropriate tasks and responsibilities to team members, and juggling different projects. The candidate must be motivated to learn and grow with us.
To be a successful digital project manager, you must also possess the following specific requirements:
- BSc in computer science, digital marketing, or a related field
- Practical knowledge of Google Analytics, project management tools, and content management systems
- Experience in a comparable position would be helpful.
- Excellent understanding of SEO best practices.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must schedule and monitor the web design and development projects
- Must be able to report the progress of web development projects
- Must be passionate about innovation
- Must be a quick learner
- Should be able to meet deadlines
- Should be highly organized
- To manage all social media accounts for the company
- Must have a positive attitude with team-building skills
This is a typical job description for a digital project manager. Most descriptions will have common work experience and be well-versed in the latest technology. However, some employers will insist you have prior tool-specific experience. Therefore, the ideal applicant will receive training in specific tools.
This template varies from one organization to another. As in a small company, a digital project manager must have the ability to oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of every aspect of the business. At the same time, in a large company, the role would entirely depend on and be restricted to specific tasks.
Also, digital project managers need to be updated with the latest tools and technologies.
Are you ready to become an expert as a digital project manager? We have discussed all the qualities and requirements for becoming a project manager. You can set yourself up for management success if you have the necessary knowledge and experience. Depending on the organization, team, and project, each project manager employs a different digital project management technique. There won’t be any two projects, making each one unique with other methods and processes.